Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oblivious

There are some people in the world who are just oblivious. Do you know the type that I am talking about? They just don't seem to realize how their actions affect those around them? Well, our landlord is one of those.

I called him today to tell him that we are starting to look for a place to move. Katie has been wonderful and we had already gathered a couple of applications and called numerous places. Well, our phone call went something like this:

"Hey Steve, we got your letter about the rent increase, and although we really love the place we just can't afford that big of a rent increase...

Steve: Oh really! I didn't realize your finances were so tight!

Dustin: Well yeah... we are both students and working part time and...

Steve: Oh well, I don't want to inconvenience you so much and force you out. Why don't we push off the increase until July, that way you can finish the semester and have time to find a place!

Dustin: uh, yeah, actually that would be great...

So, there you have it. He Is really a nice guy...just seemingly oblivious that a $300 increase might be significant to tenents...odd. Well, thanks for your prayers, this will make life much easier!

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Eric said...

That's an awesome resolution, and an important lesson I still am learning: ask first, assume later.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I mean, Hey, how're ya doing? I hear you're at a school or something. How's the weather in Alaska?

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Luke said...

hey! I'm so glad to hear how well this has worked out! Ah.. very good indeed. Super good. Of course, you'll still have to move out, but a half a year makes quite a difference!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger The Proprietor said...

That is great news. I was thinking Catherine and I would have to pack up all those books and wedding gifts again.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger MalaBOOYAH said...

That's pretty awesome, yo.

Btw, this explosion of daily blogging totally threw me off, but I'm happy for you.

I read those fun facts about Dustin. The cat one was the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home